Puppet agent release notes
This version of Puppet is not included in Puppet Enterprise. The latest version of PE includes Puppet 4.10.
This page lists changes to the
puppet-agent package. For details about changes to components in a
puppet-agent release, follow the links to those components in the package release’s notes.
puppet-agent package’s version numbers use the format X.Y.Z, where:
- X must increase for major backwards-incompatible changes
- Y may increase for backwards-compatible new functionality
- Z may increase for bug fixes
puppet-agent package installs the latest version of Puppet 5.
Puppet agent 5.0.1
Released July 19, 2017.
This is a minor bug fix release in the Puppet agent 5 series.
Puppet agent 5.0.0
Released June 26, 2017.
This is a major release of Puppet agent, and includes updates to nearly every component.
- Puppet 5: Feature improvements for types and providers, UTF-8, and Hiera 5.
- Ruby 2.4: Reinstallation of user-installed Puppet agent gems is required after upgrade to Puppet agent 5.0.
- Due to Ruby API changes between Ruby 2.1 and 2.4, any user-installed Puppet agent gems (Ruby gems installed using Puppet agent’s gem binary) require re-installation following upgrade to Puppet agent 5.0.
- Some gems may also require upgrade to versions that are compatible with Ruby 2.4.
- Augeas 1.8.0: This component has been updated from 1.4.0 to resolve issues caused by a segfault.
Facter 3.7: Read the Facter 3.7 release notes about some small bug fixes in this release.
MCollective 2.11: Read the MCollective 2.11.0 release notes to see the bug fixes in this verison.
pxp-module-puppetnow returns metrics about resource events when a run finishes. It can also accept
job-idas an argument and pass it to Puppet.
- Hiera 3.4: The component version of Hiera in Puppet agent has been increased to 3.4, but Hiera 5 is fully integrated into Puppet. You should update your configuration to use version 5 of
Packages are now available for Ubuntu 16.04 ppc64le and EL7 ppc64le.
AIX 5.3 and HuaweiOS are no longer available as an open source package for