Puppet Agent 1.2.x Release Notes
Included in Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. A newer version is available; see the version menu above for details.
This page lists changes to the
puppet-agent package. For details about changes to components in a
puppet-agent release, follow the links to those components in the package release’s notes.
puppet-agent package’s version numbers use the format X.Y.Z, where:
- X must increase for major backwards-incompatible changes
- Y may increase for backwards-compatible new functionality
- Z may increase for bug fixes
If You’re Upgrading from Puppet 3.x
puppet-agent package installs Puppet 4. Also read the Puppet 4.0 release notes, since they cover any breaking changes since Puppet 3.8.
Puppet Agent 1.2.7
Released October 29, 2015.
The Puppet Enterprise 2015.2.3 repositories include
puppet-agent packages for AIX and Solaris 11.
- Resolves a security issue in Windows.
- Updates Puppet, Facter, and Hiera.
- Updates Ruby on Windows.
- Adds a root certificate in Enterprise Linux 4 to enable Forge access.
- Moves the OS X bill of materials to
/usr/local/shareon all supported OS X platforms to ensure future compatibility with OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Puppet Agent 1.2.6
Released October 12, 2015.
This release contains no component fixes or updates. It only resolves a packaging issue that could leave the
mcollective services stopped and unregistered after a package upgrade from an earlier
Puppet Agent 1.2.5
Released October 1, 2015.
- Updates MCollective to fix an issue when trying to start
mcollectivedon Solaris 10.
Updated File Names
- Changes the package file names on OS X to use major and minor OS versions (such as
puppet-agent-1.2.5-1.osx10.10.dmg) instead of codenames (such as
Puppet Agent 1.2.4
Released September 14, 2015.
- Updates Puppet, Facter, and MCollective.
Puppet Agent 1.2.2
Released July 22, 2015.
- Resolves bugs in Facter and Puppet.
Puppet Agent 1.2.1
Released June 25, 2015.
- Fixes a regression in Facter.
Puppet Agent 1.2.0
Released June 24, 2015.
- Updates Puppet and Facter.
Puppet Agent 1.1.x and earlier
For details on earlier
puppet-agent releases, see the puppet-announce Google Group.