Puppet 3.5 Reference Manual
This version of Puppet is not included in Puppet Enterprise. The latest version of PE includes Puppet 4.10. A newer version is available; see the version menu above for details.
Welcome to the Puppet 3.5 Reference Manual! Use the navigation to the left to get around.
- Documentation for Puppet 3.0 through 3.4 can be found here.
- Documentation for Puppet 2.7 can be found here.
This manual is split into several sections:
- “Puppet 3.5 Release Notes” contains information about Puppet 3.5’s new features, and tracks changes from patch releases.
- “The Puppet Language” documents Puppet’s configuration language as implemented in Puppet 3.5.
- “Modules” explains how to organize your Puppet manifests, obtain pre-existing modules, and publish your own modules for public use.
- “Generated References” links to documentation extracted from the Puppet source code, including the resource type reference, the function reference the metaparameter reference,the report handler reference and the developer reference.