Puppet Plugin for VMware vRealize Orchestrator Release Notes
See the vRO Puppet plug-in documentation for more information about the plug-in and instructions on installing and using it.
vRO Puppet plug-in 3.0
Released May 16, 2017.
- Adds support for integration within the vRealize Automation Enterprise GUI in version 7.3 and higher.
- Role classes can be dynamically fetched from the Puppet master.
- vRA GUI displays each role class’s description based on the
@summarypuppet-strings tag if it is present.
- Major version release that drops support for open source Puppet.
- One vRA/vRO instance can support multiple Puppet masters.
csr_attributes.yamlfile is deleted after provisioning if you are using the shared-secret autosigning workflow.
- If Puppet agent runs during provision do not succeed, the Puppet agent service is left in running state.
- Adjustments to avoid timeouts in Windows provisioning.
Puppet.SSH.useSudois now exposed as a custom property.
- Improved error handling in the “Add a Puppet Master” workflow.
- Improved error message if
Puppet:Masteris not set.
- “Run Puppet” workflows no longer perform one more Puppet run than necessary.
vRO Puppet plug-in 2.0
This all-new plug-in release adds support for Puppet 4 features, more robust support for vRO and vRA, and new content for Puppet administrators and vRO blueprint developers alike.
Known issue: Windows 32-bit agents are not supported
The vRO Puppet plug-in can’t manage agents running the 32-bit (x86) version of the Puppet agent. Only 64-bit (x64) agents are supported.
Upgrade warning: The plug-in does not support upgrades from the previous vRO Puppet plug-in versions (i.e. 1.0, 2.0). If you’re using any previous version of the plug-in, you must completely remove it before installing. The vRO starter content repository includes a script to assist with removing the plug-in.